Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve put together a list of common questions to help you. If you don’t see what you are looking for, feel free to contact us directly and we’d be happy to help!
We have Bungalows and Townhomes. All units open directly to the outdoors.
Our Bungalows are freestanding one-room studio-style units. Singles have 1 king bed. All others have 1 king and 1 queen bed. They vary in size from 430 sq ft to 540 sq ft, much larger than a standard hotel room! All bungalows have a private covered porch with a table & chairs, kitchenette, and drive up convenience.
Our Townhouses are privately owned with fully equipped kitchens, separate bedrooms (1, 2, and 3 bedrooms), some with sleeping lofts, covered balconies & patios, BBQ grills, outdoor seating, washer & dryer, as well as attached covered parking. Unit specific sleeping arrangements are listed on the booking page.
Please call us and we're happy to assist you in choosing what's best for you. We also include a list of in-unit amenities, max occupancy, pictures and other helpful details for each unit on our booking page.
You will have full access to all our amenities at no extra charge. Amenities which include our Meadow (private park), pool, hot tub, basketball court, walking trail and Horsethief Coffee.
The Meadow is our most unique amenity and most treasured by all our guests. It's our private park with wading pools, ponds, flowing spring water, huge native trees, cool grass, hammocks, fire circle and views of the sandstone cliffs.
We have Moab’s cleanest and most scenic heated swimming pool (16 by 42 feet - open March to October) and a large (10 foot by 10 foot) in-ground jetted spa open year round.
We have a loop trail on site and viewpoints of the Portal of the Colorado River. We are a bike-in bike-out resort with direct connection to the Moab pedestrian path that leads you to the River Road, Arches National Park, and beyond.
In addition to full use of our resort, you will receive personal recommendations, a daily porch service (bungalows only), washer and dryer (townhomes only), free parking up to 2 vehicles, WiFi, cable, air conditioning and heat.
We encourage you not to miss what everyone raves about -rediscovering the old-fashioned pleasures of wading in fresh cool spring water, relaxing in the shade on a lounge chair or hammock, and bobbing in a cool refreshing pond. All of this wonder and relaxation can be found in our private meadow.
Yes! Our Bungalows each have a Mitsubishi Mini-Split high efficiency air conditioning and heating system. The Bungalow bathrooms also have heaters mounted to the wall for extra after-shower warmth. The Townhouses all have central air conditioning and heating, thermostats in each unit.
You can always be the perfect temperature in your home away from home!
The front office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. If you have an emergency after hours, please call our main line at 435-259-7891.
Horsethief Coffee Shop located in our Ranch house is currently open from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. Hours subject to change.
Our pool is open mid-March through mid-October, 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Our Spa is open year round, 10:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m.
Moab Springs Ranch remains committed to exceeding the minimum standards required of all hotels and resorts in managing the challenges of the Covid 19 pandemic. Nothing can eliminate all risk of transmission, but when we can use common sense to avoid unnecessary risks we do so. To keep our community, visitors and staff safe, we have implemented the following under the guidance of the health department and CDC.
- The pool and hot tub are open. Vaccinated adults and their immediate families, limit is 30 guests on a first come basis.
- Distancing between family parties is requested. Honor system for vaccinated records. Masking not required on our property.
- Virtual registration, no-contact check-in, self check-out, no-contact service and maintenance.
- All linens cleaned and sanitized by Omni Linen Services, LLC, (HLAC Accredited, highest standards available for infection prevention)
- Cleaning and disinfection products (including electrostatic sprayer) are on EPA registered N list to kill SARS-CoV-2 (Covid 19)
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are mounted on the interior of every accommodation, office, and building on our property
- No-contact daily porch service for amenity replenishment.
- Staff: face masks are required when 6 feet of distance can't be maintained outdoors, and always when indoors with others.
- Staff: staff with symptoms are not permitted to work and cannot return to work without testing for Covid.
- We ask that guests respect other guests by maintaining a social distance of 10 feet from other guest parties, to be on the safe side.
- We ask that guests inform us if they have symptoms or have been notified they've been exposed prior to arriving at Moab Springs Ranch and while staying with us, so we can take measures to protect our staff and quarantine the unit they stayed in.
Bungalow & Townhouse Payment and Cancellation Policy:
A credit card holds your reservation. At 9 days prior we pre-authorize your card for the full amount. At 7 days prior we process the payment in full.
- Cancellations up to 7-days prior to arrival: card will not be charged.
- Cancellations within 7 days of arrival: full payment is forfeited for any changes, modifications, cancellations. You may cancel up to 8pm on the 7th day prior to arrival for a full refund of any charges. WE MUST RECEIVE YOUR CANCELLATION REQUEST VIA EMAIL BY 8:00 PM MDT. Send your cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may call to cancel or email us at email@example.com. If you are cancelling on the 7th day prior to arrival, please be sure to email us by 8:00 pm MDT.
Please call our office at 435-259-7891 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are cancelling on the 7th day prior to your reservation, or for groups, on the day that your final payment is due, please email us at email@example.com prior to 8:00 PM MDT.
We allow up to 2 dogs in our Ranch House Bungalow unit type only. At this time Dogs are the only pets we allow. The dog fee is $45 per night/per dog. If you book online, please add the dog count so we can prepare your unit accordingly. If you make the reservation on the phone, let us know if your fur baby will be joining as soon as possible.
- Review the dog policies here prior to making your reservation: Moab Springs Ranch Dog Policies
- Dog reservation required on our website or by informing the front desk when you make your reservation.
- Sign Dog Waiver at the time of booking, or within 24/hours of booking: Dog Waiver
- Please bring your crates from home. We also offer dog crates for a small fee.
Call our front desk for additional details on dog reservations. (435) 259-7891
For the convenience of our guests, we've designed the resort with parking next to each unit. We have limited parking beyond the dedicated parking spots.
Extra Parking Spaces
Additional parking (3rd and 4th spaces) is limited, on a first-come basis, is pre-assigned, requires a permit from our office and may be subject to an additional fee of $20 per space per night. If all spots are taken, or if you do not approve of the fee, our office will assist you with finding off-site parking options.
Trailers under 20 feet are permitted if they can fit completely in your unit’s dedicated parking spaces. If bringing your trailer requires the need for a 3rd or 4th parking space, you will need to obtain a permit for $20 per night per space. If your trailer is longer than 20 feet, we will do our best to help you find off-site parking.
Moab Springs Ranch is a small, privately owned and perfectly located one-of-a-kind boutique resort designed and developed to enhance its natural setting within Moab’s first ranch. For millennia this site has been a desert oasis with flowing springs and majestic cottonwood trees. We are not a national chain hotel. Our design allows guests to experience the desert environment from porches, balconies, patios and throughout our spacious natural grounds.
Our accommodations are some of the most comfortable and convenient in Moab. Our location is outside the hubbub of downtown Moab, but very close to town, national parks and the Colorado River. We strive to offer a clean safe stay with personalized service and attention to detail. Just as important, our staff is Moab’s finest and can provide knowledge and guidance for a unique and unforgettable vacation.
We look forward to welcoming you to this very special place.
Please review guidelines below if you are traveling domestically or internationally.
Click the links below for helpful resources prior to traveling.
Here in Moab, the locals are highly focused on sustainability of the beautiful nature around us. With the increased number of tourists coming to the area, it is more important than ever to protect, preserve respect the environment.
Visit doitlikeamoablocal.com to view tips on hiking, biking, ATV, Rafting and more!
Only 3.5 miles to the entrance of Arches, 31 miles to the entrance of Canyonlands, 31.5 miles to Dead Horse Point and 1 mile to the Colorado River. Ask our staff about the many nearby hikes and sights outside of and beyond the National Parks.
All three parks have dark-sky designation and are open 24 hours. Half the park is after dark! See: https://www.discovermoab.com/moab-dark-sky-parks/
We're about 1 mile from the center of downtown with several great restaurants and shops less than a mile from our resort. The landmark Moab Rock Shop is 0.9 miles from the Ranch.
Events are very restricted to protect the experience of guests. We can accommodate small special events for overnight guests from time to time, but not wedding or other events. Please inquire if your event less than 15 people and you will be staying at the Ranch.
Our amenities are reserved for guests of our resort.
Our staff works hard without the help of horses or cattle. (Insert smile face with wink).
Yes! Moab has an airport, Canyonlands Field Airport.
Other options include flying into Salt Lake City, which is about a 4 hour drive to Moab. Or flying into Grand Junction Colorado, which is about a 1.5 hour drive to Moab.
We're a small boutique resort and limit groups to no more than 15 people, including children, in no more than 5 units (up to 5 bungalows, up to 2 townhomes, or a total of 5 units combining both room types). Separate payment and cancellation policies apply. Please call our office for more information.